Features and Benefits
- Ultrawideband frequency range: 10 MHz to 60 GHz
- Attenuation range: 2 dB steps to 22 dB
- Low insertion loss
- 1.4 dB up to 20 GHz
- 2.2 dB up to 44 GHz
- 3.3 dB up to 55 GHz
- Attenuation accuracy
- ±(0.1 + 1.0% of state) up to 20 GHz
- ±(0.2 + 3.0% of state) up to 44 GHz
- ±(0.2 + 7.0% of state) up to 55 GHz
- Typical step error
- ±0.30 dB up to 20 GHz
- ±0.50 dB up to 44 GHz
- ±0.60 dB up to 55 GHz
- High input linearity
- P0.1dB: 25.5 dBm typical
- IP3: 45 dBm typical
- High RF input power handling: 24 dBm average, 24 dBm peak
- Tight distribution in relative phase
- No low frequency spurious signals
- Parallel mode control, CMOS and LVTTL compatible
- RF amplitude settling time (0.1 dB of final RF output): 175 ns/li>
- 16-terminal, 2.5 mm × 2.5 mm, RoHS compliant LGA package
The ADRF5740 is a silicon, 4-bit digital attenuator with 22 dB attenuation control range in 2 dB steps.
The ADRF5740 operates from 10 MHz to 60 GHz with less than 3.3 dB of insertion loss and with ±(0.2 + 7.0% of attenuation state) of attenuation accuracy at 55 GHz. The ATTIN port of the ADRF5740 has an RF input power handling capability of 24 dBm average and 24 dBm peak for all states.
The ADRF5740 requires a dual supply voltage of +3.3 V and ?3.3 V. The ADRF5740 features parallel mode control, and CMOS- and low voltage transistor to transistor logic (LVTTL)-compatible controls.
The ADRF5740 RF ports are designed to match a characteristic impedance of 50 Ω. The ADRF5740 comes in a 16-terminal, 2.5 mm × 2.5 mm, RoHS compliant, land grid array (LGA) package and operates from ?40°C to +105°C.
- Industrial scanners
- Test and instrumentation
- Cellular infrastructure: 5G millimeter wave
- Military radios, radars, electronic counter measures (ECMs)
- Microwave radios and very small aperture terminals (VSATs)
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADRF5740-EVALZ-185 and the ADRF5740-EVALZ-292 are designed to evaluate the features and performance of the ADRF5740 10 MHz to 60 GHz, 4-bit digital attenuator manufactured in a silicon process. The ADRF5740-EVALZ-292 is populated with 2.92 mm RF connectors, whereas the ADRF5740- EVALZ-185 (see Figure 1) is populated with 1.85 mm RF connectors.
For full details on the ADRF5740, see the ADRF5740 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the ADRF5740-EVALZ-185 or the ADRF5740-EVALZ-292.
Features & Benefits
- Contains ADRF5740 device and external components
- RF connectors
- Simple connection to test equipment
- Through line for calibration
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.