Features and Benefits
- 5.7 kV rms, signal isolated RS-485 transceiver
- 1500 V peak and dc working voltage to DIN V VDE 0884-11
- Low radiated emissions: passes EN 55032, Class B with margin on a 2-layer PCB
- Receiver cable inversion smart feature
- Correction for reversed cable connection on A and B bus pins while maintaining full receiver fail-safe feature
- ESD protection on the RS-485 A, B, Y, and Z bus pins
- ≥ ±12 kV IEC 61000-4-2 contact discharge
- ≥ ±15 kV IEC 61000-4-2 air discharge
- Low speed 500 kbps data rate for EMI control
- Flexible power supply inputs
- Primary VDD1 supply of 1.7 V to 5.5 V
- Isolated VDD2 supply of 3.0 V to 5.5 V
- Profibus® Compliant for 5V VDD2
- Wide −40°C to +125°C operating temperature range
- High common-mode transient immunity: >250 kV/μs
- Short-circuit, open-circuit, and floating input receiver fail-safe
- Supports 192 bus nodes (72 kΩ receiver input impedance)
- Full hot swap support (glitch free power-up and power-down)
- Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A, DIN V VDE 0884-11, UL 1577, CQC11-471543-2012, IEC 61010-1
- 16-lead, wide-body, SOIC_W package with 8.3 mm creepage and clearance in standard pinout
The ADM2761E/ADM2763E are 500 kbps, 5.7 kV rms, signal isolated RS-485 transceivers that pass radiated emissions testing to the EN 55032, Class B standard with margin on a 2-layer printed circuit board (PCB). These devices are compliant to the RS-485 and RS-422 communication standards. The ADM2761E/ ADM2763E isolation barrier provides robust system level immunity to IEC 61000-4-x system level electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) standards. The devices are suitable for applications that require insulation against working voltages of 1060 V rms and 1500 V dc for the lifetime of the device.
The devices are protected against ≥±12 kV contact and ≥±15 kV air IEC 61000-4-2 electrostatic discharge (ESD) events on the RS-485 A, B, Y, and Z pins. The ADM2763E features a receiver cable invert pin to allow quick correction of the reversed cable connection on the A and B receiver bus pins while maintaining full receiver fail-safe performance.
These devices are optimized for low speed over long cable runs and have a maximum data rate of 500 kbps. The high differential output voltage makes these devices suitable for PROFIBUS® nodes when powered with 5 V on the VDD2 supply. The VDD1 primary supply and VDD2 isolated supply both support a wide range of voltages (1.7 V to 5.5 V and 3.0 V to 5.5 V, respectively). Half-duplex and full duplex device options are available in the industry standard 16-lead, wide body, standard SOIC_W package with 8.3 mm creepage and clearance.
- Solar inverters
- Electrical test and measurement
- Heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) networks
- Industrial field buses
- Building automation
Markets & Technology
- Building Technology
- Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
- Instrumentation & Measurement
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADM2463EEBZ/EVAL-ADM2763EEBZ allow simplified, efficient evaluation of the ADM2463E and ADM2763E 5.7 kV rms, 500 kbps signal isolated RS-485 transceivers. The functionality of the EVAL-ADM2463EEBZ and the EVAL-ADM2763EEBZ are the same. Figure 1 shows the EVAL-ADM2463EEBZ and represents both evaluation boards.
The EVAL-ADM2463EEBZ/EVAL-ADM2763EEBZ come with options for the evaluation of the ADM2463E and ADM2763E devices in an individual system. Digital and RS-485 bus signals are easily accessible via the screw terminal blocks on the evaluation boards. Each digital input can be configured via the on-board jumper options.
Two on-board ADP7104 low dropout (LDO) regulators accept an input voltage of up to 20 V and output a range of selectable supply voltages to the VDD1 pin and VDD2 pin, configurable via jumper options. The LDO regulators can be bypassed to power the ADM2463E and ADM2763E VDD1 supply pins and VDD2 supply pins directly from an external power supply.
The flexible VDD1 pin primary side logic supply allows the device to operate with a digital input/output (I/O) voltage from 1.7 V to 5.5 V, which enables communication with modern nodes using either a 1.8 V or 2.5 V power supply. The VDD1 pin can also be supplied from the ADP7104 regulated supply.
Alternative methods can be used to provide the transmit data input (TxD) signal to the device. An optional LTC1799 oscillator is included on the evaluation boards and can be configured to provide a clock signal as the TxD digital input within a 10 kHz to 250 kHz range. A terminal block allows an easy wired connection to a microcontroller or processor. For optimal signal integrity, use the on-board Subminiature Version A (SMA) connector to connect an external data signal.
The evaluation boards have footprints for the ADM2463E and ADM2763E full duplex, signal isolated, RS-485 transceivers in a 10.10 mm × 10 mm, 16-lead, standard small outline, wide body (SOIC_W) package.
For full details on the ADM2463E and ADM2763E, see the ADM2463E and ADM2763E data sheets, which must be used in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADM2463EEBZ/EVAL-ADM2763EEBZ.
Features & Benefits
- Simplified evaluation of the ADM2463E and ADM2763E signal isolated, 500 kbps, full duplex RS-485 transceiver
- 2-layer PCB compliant to EN 55032 Class B radiated emissions
- Footprint for standard full duplex, 16-lead, SOIC_W package with >8 mm creepage and clearance
- On-board ADP7104 LDO regulators with jumper options for simplified evaluation in multiple supply configurations
- Flexible, low voltage VDD1 supply rail for interfacing with I/O nodes as low as 1.7 V
- Wide bus voltage VDD2 supply rail from 3 V to 5.5 V
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD protection on the A pin, B pin, Y pin, and Z pin
- ≥±12 kV contact discharge and ≥±15 kV air discharge
- SMA connector for TxD input signal
- Optional on-board LTC1799 oscillator for providing TxD signal
- Screw terminal blocks for connecting power, digital, and RS-485 signals
- Jumper-selectable enable and disable for digital input signals
- Resistors and footprints for termination and loopback test
- Test points for measuring all signals
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.